Trowel Grade Polyurethane Elastic Adhesive for Solid Wood Flooring and Ceramic Tile
SikaBond-T55 is a one-component, low-VOC, permanently elastic, crack bridging, super strong polyurethane adhesive for full surface bonding of wood flooring and ceramic tiles.
T55 may be used for solid and engineered wood floors (strips, longstrips, planks, panels, boards) mosaic parquet, industrial parquet, wood paving (residential) as well as chip boards can be bonded and bonds ceramic tiles to concrete, mortar, and old existing tiles.
- 400% Elongation
- Formulated to be extremely easy to trowel, preventing arm strain
- Fast curing – unfinished wood flooring can be sanded after 12 hours of cure time
- Crack bridging
- Suitable for most common types of wood floors
- Especially good for problematic woods such as beech and bamboo
- Suitable for bonding wood floors directly onto old ceramic tiles
- Suitable for in-floor radiant heat installation
- Footfall-sound-dampening adhesive
- Contains no water
- Bonds solid wood flooring up to 8 inches wide and engineered planks up to 14 inches wide directly to concrete with no length limitations
- Eliminate sleepers and plywood over concrete and gypsum substrates
- Permanently elastic – allows planks to expand and contract without damage to the adhesive or substrate
Sika’s systems for wood floors consist of innovative products which contribute to sustainable construction solutions in many ways:
Superior Adhesion and Green Grab
SikaBond adhesives will develop a strong and durable bond to most types of woods.
Elastic bonding reduces the stress to substrates and guarantees a durable wood floor with long life time.
Sika’s wood flooring products are smooth and easy to apply, preventing fatigue.
Fast curing products shorten the application time, which enable contractors to finish their work in less time. Sika’s wood floor bonding adhesives allow sanding and finishing within 8 – 12 hours.