The MMC220 Wood Moisture Meter is ideal for measuring wood moisture in all wood species; from rare tropical species to the more common softwoods and hardwoods. Our best selling meter for wood flooring and woodworking applications.
- Material settings for common softwoods and hardwoods as well as tropical species.
- User-programmable species settings.
- 7-Year Warranty
- Battery Included
- Shock Resistant Carrying Case with Belt Clip Included
- Operating Temperature 30-110° F
For flooring installers or manufacturers, cabinet or furniture manufacturers, inspectors or lumber suppliers, the MMC220 offers a complete and portable moisture meter easy to use and easy to adjust. With its Extended Range Specific Gravity (SG) to measure common softwoods and hardwoods as well as tropical species, the MMC220 can quickly and accurately scan many board feet of incoming lumber or many pieces of wood flooring in just seconds.
Wagner Meters’ IntelliSense™ Technology ensures that the MMC220 is measuring deeply IN the wood for a true moisture picture without damage to the wood surface and without interference from surface moisture. Two-button controls make one-handed operation simple. And like all of the meters at Wagner Meters, there is no need to adjust moisture content (MC) readings for temperature. The MMC220, with its Press and Hold feature, lets you get into tight places without needing a visual line to the meter display.
Beneath a sink, under a cabinet overhang or in a tight corner, with the Press and Hold feature you can take the MC reading and the display holds the reading once the meter is removed, letting you quickly and easily document MC readings in all parts of your project. Lightweight, easy to operate, and with an extended SG capability, the quick and accurate MMC220 is the best all-purpose moisture meter on the job.
- Size & Weight: Length – 4 9/16″; Width – 2 3/4″; Height – 1 1/16″; Weight – .37 lbs
- Power: 9 volt battery Auto Power Shut Down – 60 seconds
- Control: Two button control for on/off and species settings, Press & Hold feature
- Depth of Measurement: 3/4″
- Moisture Content: 5% – 32%
- Digital Display in .1% increments (Note: If the SG selected is >.8, the maximum MC reading will be <30%)
- Scanning Area: 1 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- Specific Gravity: Selectable wood species setting .20-1.0
- Calibration: Verifiable with Calibration Block (sold separately)